17.1.11

Dirty Jobs.



Very cool TED talk, (we love TED talks!) from Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. I have two jobs: waitressing at PF Changs, and Graphic Designing for a VA University. I am an artist. I like to get my hands dirty. I am a marathoner. I like to be moving. I am fairly good with people, and I think fast on my feet. All this makes me good at both my jobs. I HATE it when people imply that waitressing is beneath me. Yes, I have TWO college degrees. Who cares? Who cares how I make my money, and how dare you imply that waitressing isn't a "real job"? No one has offered to pay me $20/hr to sit at home looking pretty, and let me tell you a thing or two about "real". I'm a great graphic designer, too. Same skills, same brain, just a little less mess. Love. This. Talk. Get back to work, people. And don't forget to take care of your servers.

No comments: